Bibliophoria V: Call for Entries
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Sebastopol Center for the Arts
International Juried Exhibition, Juror Macy Chadwick
June 22 – July 29, 2018
Opening reception June 22, 6 - 7:30 PM
Deadline for submissions – WEDNESDAY, May 23, 2018 between 3 - 6 PM
Closing party Sunday, July 29, 3:30 – 4 PM
Call for artwork related to "the book". We see the book as a point of departure.
- handmade artist's books, using traditional bookmaking methods
- work showing excellence in bookmaking or altered book techniques
- book-like objects or sculptures in which the primary interest or emphasis is visual rather than texture
- homage to the book
NON-REFUNDABLE ENTRY FEES
SCA Members $20 per entry or 3 entries for $45 (membership is $40 annually)
Non-members $25 per entry or 3 entries for $60
Students under 21: $15 per piece
$500 Best of Show, Second place $200, Third place $100, Merit Awards.
- Open to all artistsworldwide.
- Maximum of 3 pieces (art work) per artist.
- Wall hung work may not weigh over 50lbs.
- Wall hung work needs to include fixtures.
- Artists receive 60% of the sales price of the work.
- All work must be original (no reproductions of original artwork)
- SCA reserves the right of refusal on all work that is too fragile to be displayed properly and safely.
- All work must not have been previously shown in the Gallery at SCA.
- Work will be selected from handdelivered work and online applications.
- The juror will view all work in an anonymous manner.
Jury results will be posted on “www.sebarts.org, visual arts, jury results” on May 25 after 1 PM
SUBMISSIONS MAY BE ENTERED ONLINE OR HAND DELIVERED:
1) HAND DELIVER: Do NOT go to Entrythingy.com. Read rules and regulationson the prospectus, then go to www.sebarts.org /call for entries and fill in form for hand delivery. It will give you a label to attach to your work. Come to SCA on Wednesday May 23 and hand deliver your work. Pay at SCA
2) ONLINE: If this is your first time using EntryThingy, do not wait until the day of the deadline. EntryThingy has its own FAQ to help you, and they can be reached via email if you have problems: email@example.com.
When using Entrythingy.com, make sure all images you upload are 5 megabytes or less in size and are in JPEG format. If not, EntryThingy will not let them be uploaded. Resize if necessary before starting. - Each entry/piece can have one main image and up to two image/views (to show perspective or detail). - We advise that you submit high quality images that best represent your work. Works that differ from the submission image may not be included in the exhibition. When filling out forms, make an entry in each field. You may use “N/A” if the field does not apply. When entering more than one image per piece; enter the main image then each of up to 2 detail/views, before clicking on ‘next’.
-Pay via PayPal.
- Work can be shipped or hand delivered.
- Work is to arrive by Saturday June 16 at the LATEST but can be shipped or hand delivered ANY TIME BEFORE June 16, during gallery hours. (see gallery hoursbelow)
- Address is SCA, 282 S. High St, Sebastopol, CA 95472 Attention: Catherine Devriese
- Mail to SCA, 282 S. High St, Sebastopol, CA 95472 to arrive by June 16 (or any time before, during gallery hours). Attn. Catherine Devriese.
- Artist is responsible for all shipping and handling costs to and from the exhibit.
- Each shipped entry must be packaged in a reusable container for the return of work.
- Each shipped entry HASto include a return label and a prepaid return shipping form (UPS or FedEx).
- For international shipping, contact Catherine Devriese via email.
- Unsold work, with valid return forms for shipping, will be sent within 15 days after last day of the show.
LIABILITY, SALES etc. REGARDING WORK SUBMITTED:
- Selected work must be on view for the duration of the exhibit. No work may be withdrawn prior to close of the exhibition.
- Selected artists agree to allow work to be photographed for media use, for educational and publicity purposes.
- Artists receive 60% of the sales price of work that is sold. Indicate clearly on form if not for sale NFS.
- Sales occurring as a result of the exhibit up to 30 days after closing date are subject to 40% of commission.
OPENING RECEPTION: Friday, June 22, 6 - 7:30 PM. Selected artists, please bring tasty, attractive, ready-to-serve bread & cheese, vegetables & dip, fruit, or baked goods, to accompany beverages we provide. It's a party!
PICK UP UNSOLD WORK: Sunday, July 29, 3:30 –4PM or Monday, July 30, 10am – noon
SCA is not responsible for work left beyond 30 days after closure of show
Sebastopol Center for the Arts 282 S. High Street, Sebastopol, CA 95472
Gallery Open Hours : Tuesday - Friday 10-4 PM and Saturday - Sunday 1-4 PM
any questions: Call 707 829 4797 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay tuned as more information about Bibliophoria and the Street Printing Festival in Sebastopol are announced!